Sunday, September 10, 2006

Up and away...

I am now convinced that everywhere you go there is a photo opportunity. The great thing about photography is that when the act is deliberate, it forces you to slow down and look around. In all the years I have been at this location I have never noticed this building before. But on this day I stopped to look around for image possibilities. I spent twenty minutes or so exploring the things down on my level. I think we sometimes get trapped into a two dimensional world and forget to look up. What caught my attention was the colors on the side of the building. The clouds were breaking up slightly and allowing the warm evening sun to hit the structure. These warm colors contrasted with the deep blues of the sky and the whites of the clouds. The reflections of the sky in the window and the lines of the building added to the image. I ended up shooting about 10 different compositions and liked this one the best.