Thursday, January 11, 2007

New stuff for 2007...

I'm beginning to work on a couple of different book projects in 2007. I will be writing a book on photography and the creative process with emphasis on photographing for the sake of experiencing the moment rather than anticipation of the finished image. Concurrent with that project I will write a book on the technical aspects of photography with a "twist." The focus will be on understanding the photographic process enough so that it doesn't get in the way of the creative process. Maybe these two projects will be one book, maybe two. They might take me a year to write, perhaps a lifetime. Either way I will begin to post short articles here as I develop ideas for chapters. I have also contemplated the idea of posting video tutorials of certain subjects as necessary. If you have any requests for articles, videos, or general comments on the plan for 2007, please feel free to drop me a line or two at michaeljwalters@gmail.com.